Apache Brave Racing Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
StuartC

Race 2: Greater London Flat TTT Empty Race 2: Greater London Flat TTT

Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:25 am

Morning all.

Posting here and then will duplicate the most relevant stuff to the Discord group.

This is a mostly flat course, which should help those new to TTT. The only climb of note is Northumberland Avenue (the road up from Thames Embankment to Trafalgar Square), which comes at the end of the lead-in so we only do it once. There is also a gradient near the end of the lap, along Piccadilly after we exit the underpass.

To begin with we will take turns of one minute at the front. I suggest editing your name in the Zwift app so your number appears at the start of your surname. For example My name will appear on screen as 'S.1Codling'. You can undo this change after the event!

Numbers and suggested target watts while you're at the front:

1 Stuart 270W
2 David 280W
3 Edwin 250W
4 Jason 280W
5 John 250W
6 Remco 280W

As always these are just suggestions, if this is too much then do an effort that is tough but sustainable over a minute but enables you to recover in time for your next turn.

The team's time is taken from the fourth rider to cross the line. If you're struggling, it's better to skip a turn or to take a shorter pull (30s) at the front than to drop off. As part of the group you contribute to the draft benefit.

Tip: smooth on and off the power. Sharp acceleration can cause you to surge off the front and the group loses the draft; sudden power drop can cause you to fall off the back.

Start procedure: as I posted on Discord last night, our team departs five minutes after the banner drops. Stop pedalling 45s before the banner drops so you are registering zero power when the banner drops. If you want to keep pedalling to stay warm, go to the menu then to the trainer/HRM pairing screen (AFAIK this only works on PC/Mac, on other devices you should pedal backwards). I will run a timer and count us down to our start - one of the reasons we all need to be on voice!